Saturday, April 14, 2007

Some Thoughts on Pearls: J. Wass Original Designer Jewelry Collection

Large baroque pearl necklace with amethsyt, seed pearls & crystal. A personal favorite for everyday or your wedding necklace. Exclusively at www.jwassoriginals.com.

**************************************
Genuine Pearls have been coveted by society for thousands of years. In some cultures and times they were the most prized of all gemstones. Growing up in the jewelry business, I have always been fascinated by the natural beauty of these gems from the sea. Up until about 100 years ago they were unaffordable to all except the wealthiest of individuals. We live in a very unique time when it comes to this most beautiful of gems.
Given their historical importance and sheer beauty, I incorprate genuine pearls into the majority of my orginal designer jewelry pieces. Lately I have been trying to learn as much as I can about the pearl industry, their history, and their physical properties and what it all means for the pearl jewelry business of today. Recently I have come to find that pearls that are being cultured today rival the most expensive of pearls naturally found in antiquity. It is my opinion that the quality and availability of these gems will not be sustained forever and they will be wonderful investments for the future. As pollution and global environmental changes continue to be an issue, it has already greatly impacted the avialability of Japanese cultured pearls and naturally found coral supplies. Around the turn of the century in the United States there was a great harvesting of gorgeous natural river pearls. With their depletion and pollution from the industy and surrounding civilization, these pearl simply do not exist today and it is a great treat to find these beauties in antique pieces. I think that is why I am so drawn to the variety and quality of pearls on the market today. Most modern day cultured pearls are almost 100% natural nacre, which is very close to the quality used in antique jewelry pieces. I feel honord to be able to work with such beautiful materials and truly hope that their natural beauty is highlighted in my work.

I welcome any questions or comments that you may have about my work or my company, so please feel free to contact me at any time.

**************************************
J. Wass Original Designer Jewelry: Everyday designer necklace & wedding jewelry selections
Offering designer jewelry originals & wedding jewelry inspired by vintage jewelry and incorporating modern style. Made using vintage couture techniques with vintage filigree, genuine pearls, and semi-precious gemstones. Custom necklace designs offered.
CONTACT via EMAIL
****************************************************************************

Copyrite 2006-2007. All rights reserved. All designs, copy, pictures protected under U.S. & International law.




No comments: