Friday, January 12, 2007

Elements of Good Design by J. Wass: J. Wass Original Designer Jewelry *Part I

Vintage Jewelry Inspired Peridot, Cherry Quartz, Seed Pearl, & Crystal Necklace upon Vintage Filigree. Limited Production. $395.00 exclusively at www.jwassoriginals.com.

**************************************
I have been thinking a lot lately about elements of good design. What makes something a natural classic and the other a passing fad never to be seen again. So much of fashion is recycled, quite literally seen in the trends of the past few years. In my travels I am constantly looking at antique and vintage clothing, furniture and accessories for inspiration. Some are even more beautiful today than they were back in the day. Others don't stand up quite so well as one would only consider them for next year's costume ball.

In my opinion good design starts with quality materials. If one starts with the best products available, the quality will shine through over the decades no matter what the current trends might be. A classic quality Diamond and Platinum ring made 100 years ago is undoubtedly judged by most to be just as stunning today as it was when it was first produced. A beautifully constructed solid wood table with classic lines will fit into almost any decor at any time. Start with the best and the chances of ending up with a classic piece is increased tremendously. Notice it is not a guarantee...

With my jewelry designs I select what I believe to be the most beautiful gems and beads available. Out of 100 strands available I may only select 5 of the best to incorporate into my pieces. This does not necessarily mean that they are the most perfect, pristine gems in the lot, as I do find beauty and interest in nature's imperfections. Although there are many beautiful and interesting synthetic elements on the market today, I tend to exclusively use natural stones and pearls as I honestly believe that there is classic beauty in the natural.

Please check back to my blog as I share the other elements of Classic Design.

Please feel free to review my collection from Simply Pearl Jewelry, to Classic Antiquity, and Floral Vintage Jewelry Designs, and more as examples of how I try to utilize these quality elements into my own jewelry designs.

For those of you who may not be familiar with my work, I design hand made, vintage jewelry inspired original designer jewelry pieces using genuine pearls, gemstones, and antique filigree. Each piece is designed and executed by hand in a Vintage Couture process that takes hours to complete. It is a true passion, for this process is almost a lost art as many of the Classic Designers have abandoned this technique because it is too costly to manufacture. With my pieces you are purchasing directly from me, the designer. By purchasing a J. Wass Original piece, it gives you the opportunity to work with the designer and know that you are receiving a true one-of-a-kind original and a quality piece of jewelry that one will wear again and agian over one's lifetime. I do make custom necklace pieces for special occasions and wedding jewelry. Please email me with any questions that you might have and I always enjoy hearing your feedback. Thank you for browsing the Collection. -J. Wass, owner/lead designer for J. Wass Original Designer Jewelry.


**************************************
J. Wass Original Designer Jewelry: Everyday designer necklace & wedding jewelry selections
Offering designer jewelry originals & wedding jewelry inspired by vintage jewelry and incorporating modern style. Made using vintage couture techniques with vintage filigree, genuine pearls, and semi-precious gemstones. Custom necklace designs offered.
CONTACT via EMAIL
****************************************************************************

Copyrite 2006. All rights reserved. All designs, copy, pictures protected under U.S. & International law.




No comments: